What I want to achieve - day minus 5

Three years ago I took the step of doing the #100dayshappy challenge. I did it in the form of taking a photo or posting on Facebook every day for 100 consecutive days. I would post about something that had made me happy that day, even if it was a fleeting moment. I needed to teach myself how to be happy again. It had been just over a year since I had lost my husband to cancer, leaving me with our 3 month old son and living in a foreign country. I had to go back to work quickly to support us, move my job from the USA to the UK, buy a house, pack up and move and generally survive day to day looking after myself and my son. That first year was all adrenaline and when it dropped after that first year I was incredibly low. I couldn't imagine the future, all I could see what what had been taken away.

By about half way through the 100 days, my posts had changed from the mundane, slightly forced to real achievements and finding myself again. Towards the end I started dating again and met my now husband. I started living again. It wasn't always easy, I suffered a miscarriage which was at a similar time to the 2 year anniversary of my first husbands death. It threw me and was another example of bad things happening to me. I did get through it though and I'm more emotionally resilient. We went on to have a daughter together and she is a happy, delightful soul who has brought us all together. This year we got married and I went back to work after maternity leave. My son has just started school and it's been a big year for us all.

I do find that life with two young children is tough and have got to the stage where I feel we are just fighting to keep our heads above the water. I want to enjoy the time I have with my family and get some quality time for us. This time round, 100 happy days revisited is about growing as a family, living to the maximum, appreciating every day and caring for those around us.

Having struggled with difficult times myself, I want to invite others to do this challenge with me. I know how much difference it can make. I see a lot of people struggling and I'd love to help in whatever way I can.

I will be posting a photo and small entry here every day. I want to record how things change.  I will start on 1st October which will be 4 years since Christian died. Please do join me in whatever way you can, even if it's just sending me something about what you are doing to really live life.

At the end I will be making a donation to The Outward Bound Trust, who helped Christian be the man he was. They equip young people with confidence and skills for life through outdoor courses and leadership

http://100happydays.com/

https://www.outwardbound.org.uk/support-us/donate/

The Outward Bound Trust is an educational charity that uses the outdoors to help develop young people from all walks of life. Through the generosity of our donors, we are able to run adventurous and challenging outdoor learning courses that equip young people with valuable skills for education, work and life. We help them become more confident, more effective and more capable at school, college and in the workplace.



Comments

  1. Ok, day -5 and counting! Not sure I'll manage consecutive days?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Day 11: Pause and reflect on the victories